Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.brentwood-lettings.co.uk.
Brentwood Lettings Privacy Notice
Brentwood Lettings privacy notice provides information on how Brentwood Lettings and any of its
subsidiaries, branches or representative offices and any 3rd party providers collect , use ,
secure, transfer and share your information.
Brentwood Lettings has its head office at
364 Moston Lane, Moston, Manchester, M40 9JS
1. Types of Information Collected.
Typically Brentwood Lettings collect:
1.1. Methods of Collection
In the general conduct of business, Brentwood Lettings collects information relevant to the services
being sought across the range of services it offers (listed previously) from:
• next of kin
1. First Name 21. How many
41. Personal /Secure
61. IP Address
2. Middle Name 22. Dependants
42. Personal Debt
3. Surname 23. Dependants DOB 43. Personal
63. Marital Status
4. Previous Name 24. Primary ID * 44. Existing
5. Date of birth 25. Address ID * 45. Existing
6. Present Address 26. Bank Statements
46. Email Address 66. Previous
27. Credit Card
47. Phone Numbers 67. Employers
48. New Property
9. Landlord Details 29. Proof of Deposit 49. Solicitor Details 69. Health
10. Nationality 30. Payslips * 50. Estate Agent
11. NI Number 31. Self Employed
51. New Mortgage
71. Credit Card
12. UK National 32. Employers Name 52. New Insurance
72. Bank Details
13. Doctors Details 33. Gender 53. Criminal Offences
• spouse / partner / family member
• business associates
• “trusted” sources including:
• Government / Land / Police registers
• Credit / Default Agencies
• Financial Institutes (Banks, Building Societies, Loan Agencies, Credit Card
• Insurance Companies
• Other Law firms
• Health providers
• through consent to third parties disclosing information about you to us that they
Such information will generally be collected directly via the use of any of our standard forms,
over the internet, via email, in our branches or through a telephone conversation with you.
We may also collect personal information through our affiliates or suppliers.
In addition, you may choose to submit information directly to us via several methods,
• through Brentwood Lettings and affiliates websites
• in response to marketing or other communications
• through social media
• by signing up for a Brentwood product or service
• through participation in an offer, program or promotion
• in connection with an actual or potential business or employment relationship
You may also agree to third parties disclosing information about you to us that those third
parties have collected.
We, our service providers and partners collect certain information by using automated
means, such as cookies and web beacons, when you interact with our advertisements,
mobile applications, or visit our websites, pages or other digital assets. The information we
collect in this manner may include: IP address, browser type, operating system, referring
URLs and information on actions taken or interaction with our digital assets.
We may use third-party web analytics services on our websites and mobile apps The
analytics providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies and web
beacons to help us analyse how visitors use our websites and apps.
“Your Rights and Choices” section of this Privacy Notice specifies your ability, to opt out or
limit the usage of the information collected.
1.2. Purposes of Collection
Generally, we will collect, use and hold your information for the purposes of:
• Assessing applications for and providing Brentwood Lettings products / services
• Conducting business, developing relationships with Brentwood Lettings and affiliates
• Process payments / transactions including: Accounting, Authorisation,
Clearing, Chargebacks, Auditing, Billing, Reconciliation, Collection,
Complaints, Enquiries, Credit Checks and related dispute resolution activities
• Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorised transactions, money laundering
(please see below), tax evasion, claims, other liabilities and manage risk exposure and
agent /franchise quality, integrity, compliance and security of business processes
• Create and manage any accounts, associated authentication criteria (id’s and
passwords) you may have with Brentwood Lettings
• Provide, administer and communicate with you about Brentwood Lettings products, services,
offers, programs and promotions, their issuers, acquirers, retailers and partners.
• Compile business directories, including business contact information
• Operate, monitor, evaluate and improve our products, services, websites, mobile
applications, other digital assets and business.
• Developing new products and services
• Managing communications, assess effectiveness and optimisation of
• Functionality of our websites, mobile applications other digital assets
• Evaluate your interest in employment and contact you regarding possible employment
applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental
agency having or claiming jurisdiction over Brentwood Lettings or its affiliates.
• Comply with industry standards and Brentwood Lettings policies
In addition to help you with a property related service we have to comply with certain
regulations for example the “Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds
(Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017 (referred to as “the Regulations).”Brentwood Lettings
Estate Agents (CEA) and other subsidiaries are required to obtain certain information from
you to comply with regulations. The information provided will only be used by Brentwood Lettings
in relation to complying with the Regulations and will not be shared with any other party
outside of the companies wholly owned by Brentwood Lettingsunless we are required to do so
If you decide to enter in to a business relationship with Brentwood Lettings or any
wholly owned subsidiary to comply with certain regulations.
We may require two separate Identification documents one primary and one secondary
document even if it appears on both lists. The information may be required at various stages
of the process depending whether you are:
Purchasing (or Selling)
Primary documents – proof of ID
• Valid Passport with MRZ
• Valid full UK photo driving licence
• Valid full UK Driving licence (Non photo, paper) issued before 1998
• Valid EU/EEA/Switzerland photo driving licence.
• Valid EU/EEA/Switzerland national Identity Card.
• Valid UK Armed Forces ID Card.
• Valid UK Biometric Residence Permit (copy of both sides.)
• Valid Blue disabled drivers pass. (With photo)
• Valid Freedom Pass
• Valid Local Authority Bus pass.
• Department for Works & Pensions letter confirming pension details
including National Insurance Number dated within the last 12 months.
Secondary documents – proof of residence (home.)
• Valid full UK photo driving licence.
• Valid full UK Driving licence (Non photo, paper) issued before 1998
• Local authority council tax bill (dated within the last 12 months).
• UK Bank / Building societies statements/bills showing activity, dated within
the last six mths. Including account number and sort code. (Internet printed
• UK mortgage statement (dated within the last 12 months.) (Internet printed
• Utility bill dated within the last 6 months including – Electricity bill (with
MPAN number), Landline, Gas, Satellite TV, Water. (Internet printed
acceptable.) (Not mobile phone bills.)
• Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC) Inland Revenue (IR) Coding
/ assessment / statement (dated within the last 12 months) with National
• Department for Works & Pensions letter confirming pension details and NI
Number. (Dated within the last 12 months).
We reserve the right to employ third party electronic verification for the purpose of verifying
identity. This search will not affect your credit rating
1.3. Lawful basis of processing
Brentwood Lettings processes your information under the following
• Performance of a contract: where you enter into a contract with Brentwood Lettingsand we
need to process your information as part of this contract
• Legitimate interests: some information is processed by Brentwood Lettings as part of its
legitimate interests which include :Fraud, risk assessment, due diligence, network
and information security, suppressions and managing opting out of communications ,
profiling , direct marketing, monitoring, web analytics, cloud storage, acquisitions,
updating customer details, lettings, sales, financial services and other core products
and service provided by the data controller
• Public interest: some information is processed in accordance public interest such as
• Consent : where we process information under consent we will seek you clear and
unambiguous consent prior to processing your data
2. Information We Share
We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information we collect about you, except as
described in this Privacy Notice or as indicated via the consent process at the time the data
is collected. We share the information we collect with, but not limited to:
• Landlords and landlord associates and sub processors
• Vetted affiliates and partners / Financial Institutions / Insurance Companies for business
facilitation to provide required services, such as mortgages, insurance cover etc.
• Formally contracted service providers to perform services on our behalf:
• Hosting Datacentres, Infrastructure, Applications (Development / Support) , Cloud
Services (Software as a Service – SaaS, Platform as a Service – PaaS ,
Infrastructure as a Service – IaaS)
• Helpdesk, Call Centres etc.
We contractually require these service providers to safeguard the privacy and
security of personal information they process on our behalf and authorise them to
use or disclose the information only as necessary to perform services on our behalf
or comply with legal requirements
• Councils, health and care providers
• Other Law firms
• Credit agencies, Land Registry Office, Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC),
Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and other relevant regulatory bodies
• Additionally we may share information about you, if required legally, to prevent harm or
financial / reputation loss, for investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal
• Perspective employers requesting references via your written consent
On websites, features can be accessed where we partner with other entities that are not
affiliated with Brentwood Lettings These include social networking, geo-location tools etc. are
operated by third parties (indicated appropriately) who may use or share personal
information in accordance with their own privacy policies. It is recommended that you review
the third parties’ privacy policies if you use the relevant features.
Brentwood Lettings reserve the right to transfer your information in the event of a sale or transfer
(wholly or partially) of our business or assets, with reasonable efforts for the acquirer protect
/ use your information consistent with our Global Privacy Notice. You can exercise your
rights to contact the acquiring entity with questions concerning the protection and processing
of your information.
2.1 How long do we keep information for
We will keep information for a reasonable amount of time in order to perform the purposes
We only keep your information for as long as necessary. We generally keep personal
information for 7 years after last contact with you. However Brentwood Lettings reserves the right to
keep information for longer if we feel that this is in the legitimate interests of Brentwood Lettings.
2.2 International Data Transfers
Brentwood Lettings may transfer the personal information collected about you to recipients in
countries other than the country in which the information was originally collected. Those
countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially
provided the information. When we transfer your information to other countries, we will
protect that information as described in this Privacy Notice or as otherwise disclosed to you
at the time the data is collected (e.g. via program specific privacy notice).
For the purposes of business conduct, enhancement, identification of fraud, money
laundering and other potential un-authorised activities, Brentwood Lettings engages profiling
activities via direct use or anonymisation of sensitive personal information.
2.3.1 Direct Profiling
Direct profiling is engaged for the fair and lawful purposes, to provide Brentwood Lettings
required by applicable laws, regulations, policies / standards or requested by any
judicial process or governmental agency having or claiming jurisdiction over
Brentwood Lettings or its affiliates; including, but not limited to:
• Benchmarking employees: appraisals, performance, bonus payments,
disciplinary actions, improvement plans, promotions and awards.
• Background checks for existing and new employees, clients, business partners,
• Financial Viability analysis / reports
• Business partner / client portfolio position, performance, risk positions
• Anti-money laundering
• Tax reporting
• Credit defaulting / exposure
2.3.2 Indirect Profiling
Indirect profiling via anonymisation of personal information is also used for
preparing and furnishing aggregated data reports showing anonymised information,
including, but not limited to, the following:
• Compilations, analyses, analytical and predictive models and rules, and other
aggregated reports for the purpose of advising our partners / affiliates and
servicing institutions, retailers and other customers regarding past and potential
future patterns of service usage, spending, fraud, and other insights that may be
extracted from this data.
• Compiling and communicating promotional and marketing information about
products and services that Brentwood Lettings, affiliates and other organisations
that we have affiliations with have and that may be of interest to you.
• Conducting market research
• Facilitating our internal business operations, including the fulfilment of any legal
2.4 Your Rights and Choices
Your rights regarding the sensitive / personal information we maintain about you enable you
to exercise choices about what personal information we collect from you, how we use that
information, and how we communicate with you.
Page 8 of 10
Please completed the web form here subject access request form
If you have any problems completing this form please use contact details below
2.5 Access and Correction
You may have the right to:
• obtain confirmation that we hold personal information about you
• request access to and receive information about the personal information we maintain
• receive copies of the personal information we maintain about you
The right to access personal information may be limited in some circumstances by local law
To exercise these rights, please contact us as set forth below.
2.6 Update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information
If you feel that the information we hold about you in incorrect or inaccurate you can contact
us outlining the information you feel is incorrect of inaccurate
If we refuse to correct your personal information, we will provide you with a written notice
that sets out the reasons for our refusal (unless it would be unreasonable to provide those
reasons) and provide you with a statement regarding the mechanisms available to you to
make a complaint. We will provide you with access to information we hold about you:
2.7 Object to the processing of your personal information
If you would like to object to any processing of your information by Brentwood Lettings you can
contact us outlining what processing of information you would like to object to.
2.8 Have the information blocked, anonymised or deleted
If you would like Brentwood Lettings to delete, block or anonymise information we hold about you,
you can contact us outlining what information you would like deleted , blocked or
To update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists or
submit a request to access, update, correct or delete your personal information, please
contact us as specified in the “How To Contact Us” section below.
2.9 Opting out of processing
You can opt out collection of personal information by automated means e.g. when visiting
our website or visit third-party websites and interact with our adverts, by using the Cookie
Consent tool displayed in the website (the browser you use may provide options on how to
opt out of receiving certain types of cookies). However without cookies you may not be able
to use all of the website features and/or online services.
Page 9 of 10
partners may collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party
websites to customise and target our adverts.
You can at any time tell us not to send you marketing communications by
• e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
• unsubscribing via the “unsubscribe link” within the marketing e-mails you receive from
• contacting Brentwood Lettings as indicated below.
2.10 Withdrawal of consent
If we obtain your information by consent you have the right to withdraw any consent you
previously provided to us.
If we process your information under legitimate interest you can object at any time on
legitimate grounds, to the processing of your personal information.
Brentwood Lettings we will apply your preferences going forward. Doing so will mean that you
cannot take advantage of certain Brentwood Lettings and affiliate products, services and
The right to consent removal may be limited in some circumstances by local law
requirements and you will be informed appropriately.
3 How to Contact Us / Complaints and Feedback
• make a complaint about a breach of your personal information, applicable privacy laws /
principles or a concern about Brentwood Lettings privacy practices
• would like access and/or update information or preferences you provided to us,
You also may e-mail us at:
Or write to us at:
Brentwood Lettings 364 Moston Lane, Moston, Manchester, M40 9JS