Brentwood Lettings are a Manchester Based Lettings and Property Management Agent. We are committed to upholding the highest standards for private rented tenants, Manchester City Council have added us to their list of approved and recommended landlords, you can see us on the Manchester City Council Website here
The Manchester Renting Pledge is a public agreement between ourselves, our tenants and Manchester City Council. The standards we pledge to uphold are:
- I will protect the tenant’s deposit: through an approved deposit protection scheme.
All of our deposits are registered with TDS, you can find out more about TDS here
- I will supply a written tenancy agreement: it will include the rent and other charges, how to pay, the length of the tenancy and how it can be ended, a list of the contents and their condition, and who pays bills and council tax.
All of our tenants are issued with an AST (Assured Shorthold Tenancy) at the start of their tenancy, a full photographic inventory is supplied of the property before moving in and we support tenants further by registering utilities and services in their name to their new address. Over and above this, we provide every tenant with a welcome pack, giving them useful information about renting a home and how to solve the most common issues that tend to arise through the normal course of a tenancy.
- I will provide a safe, comfortable, well-maintained home: it will have a gas safety certificate, annual gas checks, smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, and an energy performance certificate.
All of our properties have a valid gas safety certificate, which is renewed annually, Smoke and carbon monoxide alarms are provided and tested, an EPC is issued and if the property has water tanks that store water, we also provide a Legionella Risk Assessment.
- I will give contact details and notice: including emergency numbers and 24 hours notice if I’m visiting.
We have an out of hours emergency line, and we inform all tenants of any visits 48 hours before the fact, in writing.
- I will do repairs promptly: if there’s a risk to the tenant or the property, I will deal with it straight away, and will carry out urgent repairs within a few working days.
We have a full property maintenance and repair team in-house, emergency repairs are dealt with immediately and are our highest priority. Non urgent and non emergency repairs are sent for landlord approval and the dealt with at the earliest possible opportunity.
- I will deal with antisocial behaviour and nuisance: if my tenant is troubled by other people’s behaviour, of if other people complain about my tenant, I will deal with it quickly.
We deal with all complaints and issues immediately and within the guidelines of the law. we work closely with the Police, Community Support Officers, Social Services and Support Workers to find resolutions to issues.
- I will look after the outside: I will keep the exterior and outside areas of the building in good condition.
We frequently inspect the exterior of all of our managed properties, and do a full interior inspection every 6 months.
- If I’m an agent I will be a member of a redress scheme.
We are members of the Property Ombudsman Redress Scheme, you can find our more about the Property Ombudsman Redress Scheme here
- I will consider joining a professional organisation: such as the National Landlords Association, Residential Landlords Association, Association of Residential Lettings Agents, Association of Residential Managing Agents, Manchester Student Homes.
We are members of the NLA, the RLA and ARLA